INT105 - 7 Things to Know about Office 365 to Build a Successful SharePoint Intranet
In Office 365, the landscape of products and features is robust and holds a lot of potential. This means understanding the underlying technicalities of the platform where you will build or migrate your SharePoint environment is extremely important. Knowledge of Office 365 and all its features will help you build a SharePoint Intranet that is agile as well as relevant from infrastructure and security, to administration and adoption.
The exciting offerings that come from Microsoft via Office 365/Microsoft 365 can be both useful AND overwhelming, so it is imperative to understand the platform as a baseline to optimize your company’s SharePoint experience.
Based on real-life experiences, this session will provide you:
• An understanding of the areas within O365 that may initially affect your SharePoint Environment with a focus on Active Directory, Licensing, etc.
• Insights into communicating which O365 features are right for your organization and SharePoint sites (what to make available to users or what to hold off on “releasing”)
• How "selling" OneDrive can help your overall SharePoint adoption.
• How to use specific integrations within O365 and SharePoint to promote communication/collaboration – Yammer, O365 Groups, etc.
• Specific examples and resources to keep on top of the changes in O365.